Inspire . Innovate. Lead
uCodeGirl makes technology interesting, relevant and age-appropriate; and helps fill a critical gap in the overall effort to stock the talent pipeline in the region.
uCodeGirl equalizes the technology playing field by including girls, aged 12-17, from every background and socio-economic class.
Activate the curiosity and imagination through exposure.
Equip students with skills on the fundamentals of design thinking, practicals in coding and confidence building through leadership qualities to innovate with as teenpreneur.
Lead the way in solving real-world challenges in their community and the world around them.
The Three Tenets of uCodeGirl
uCodeGirl offers the following key program opportunities for middle school and high school participants.
TENET I: BUILDING CONFIDENCE
Leadership & Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Goal setting, public speaking & collaborative leadership classes
- Creatively group brainstorming ideas for an innovative solution to a given problem.
- Inspiring presentation by female industry leaders
- Connecting students with area industry professionals, entrepreneurs and engineers to provide career and academic mentorship. A menor is a mix of a friend and a teacher with a goal to inspire and facilitate personal, academic, and career achievements.
TENET II: BUILDING SKILL
Hands-on instruction on the concepts and tools of programming:-
- Crack the Code: Signature Two Weeks long Summer Leadership & Technology Camp for Girls.
- Group tutoring help for students interested in taking AP Computer Science Exam
- Opportunity & support to participate in national and global technovation challenges.
TENET III: BUILDING A PATHWAY TO TECHNOLOGY CAREERS
Building a pathway to technology career through real-world exposure and continuous engagement to technology companies, academic higher institutions.